Thursday, January 31, 2008

And Koreans think eel is for eating . . . pshaw!

Last week I gave into a three-month hankering for a custom-made eel skin briefcase. I noticed the store, "Golden Eel Skin" (simplicity is always good), during my first week in Korea and I haven't been able to keep myself away since. I believe I've personally kept Mr. Eel Skin in business for the last four months. A portion of each of my paychecks might as well be directly deposited to this little shop in Itaewon.

My shiny new briefcase was well worth the wait. Since I've never been very good at the whole delay of gratification thing, I was very proud of my ability to hold out and save up for this special purchase. It's just too bad that's not my personal handbag closet we're standing in.

2 comments:

C. D. Cook said...

You're well on your way to such a "personal handbag closet". It just needs a wall of scarves to complete the picture.

Anonymous said...

О! Was für ein schöner Beitrag. Ich liebe das Lesen dieser Arten oder Gegenstände. Ich kann t abwarten, was andere zu sagen haben.