Monday, October 13, 2008

Eye to eye with "Jeff from Maryland"


I cohost a KBS listener feedback program called Worldwide Friendship every Saturday. Nearly every week, we share an e-mail sent by loyal listener "Jeff from Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.". Last week, we got to meet Jeff in the flesh! Jeff and his wife, Cindy, and their son, Nathan, came to Korea to adopt a baby girl. Nathan was also born in Korea and was making his first trip back since Jeff and Cindy adopted him. Haewon and I had the opportunity to interview Jeff for Worldwide Friendship, then joined his family for an entertaining lunch near KBS. Nathan and I talked extensively about trains--at the ripe age of three, he's already much more knowledgable than I am. His passion for locomotives reminded me of my best friend, Chris, another "train enthusiast".

Jeff, Cindy, and Nathan with Jeff's mother and stepfather in a KBS World studio

Nathan and I became fast friends over an Italian lunch.

No comments: