Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow days

Here are some belated photos I took during and after a spattering of snow over the Lunar New Year holiday. As I mentioned last week, Seoul has seen warmer temperatures in the first couple weeks of the (lunar) new year, so these may be the last shots of the white stuff for awhile.


Braving the snow for a shopping trip through Seoul's Edae neighborhood, home of Ewha Womans University. I'm not sure if using umbrellas during a snowfall is unique to Korea (maybe my international readers can help me here), but I've never witnessed it in other countries. Makes sense, though!

A romantic, and icy cold, walk along the Cheonggye Stream that runs through downtown Seoul.

Interesting advertising strategy outside an Edae shop, but I didn't notice any takers during the five or ten minutes I spent observing the peculiar scene.

No takers for the "Fresh Fruit Candy", either, but you have to applaud the tenacity of the vendor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's because they're concerned with the pH levels of the snow. not something we have to worry about over here in the states but they actually have acid rain & acidic snow over there. very sad :( but i wouldn't be surprised if it's for beauty reasons as well. not wanting to get their hair & clothes wet :P

Anonymous said...

I really like snow falling.
Sport Socks