Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Yonsei University Professor interview

Today, I had the opportunity to interview a Yonsei University professor who studies and teaches Chinese/Korean relations . Mr. Lee, pictured on the right (my colleague, Mr. Chae, on the left), did his graduate work at the University of Chicago and later taught at Yale and Berkeley. He teased me about the boring, flat lands of central Illinois, but did say, "Nice name," when I gave him my business card. I probably would have fallen over if he made a Beatles reference.

The subject of Chinese/Korean relations was a daunting one for me, but I think the interview went well. Hopefully, my ignorance wasn't too blatant!

The interview will be the subject of a show we produce called "Seoul Report" that airs every Friday on KBS World Radio. A video of the interview will be posted on the KBS World webpage. I'll post a direct link on Friday.

I've recently taken over "Seoul Report" from Mr. Chae who is all too happy to send the work my way. He's been a tremendous help lining up interviews, educating me on Korean issues, and translating when I need it.

2 comments:

C. D. Cook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C. D. Cook said...

Those bookshelves in the background need to have some books in them!