Monday, October 15, 2007

Good to be a "regular" worker


These protesters invade the steps of KBS every day . . . all day. Their stereos blare loud music that penetrates the entire building. For the first few days, I found it very difficult to concentrate on writing when the music was playing, but now I'm more apt to notice when it's not playing.

They are "non-regular workers" for KBS, demanding the benefits and job security regular employees receive. I was trying to find out if the protocol with regard to picket lines in the U.S. is applicable in South Korea, but I'm not sure anyone understood the question. I said, "What if I just cut right through the middle of them?" Everyone thought I was just joking and laughed, suggesting I use a different entrance instead. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

No comments: