Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ms. Rhodes, your autograph?

I walked into the lobby of KBS Monday and just as I was approaching the security turnstiles a group of three excited and chattering young girls came rushing up to me, stopping me in my tracks. They formed a little semicircle in front of me and each shoved little notebooks with bright colored paper into my hands. They eagerly but politely commanded, "Sign, please! Sign, please!" I was dumbfounded, but in true celebrity style I graciously smiled and grabbed the Hello Kitty pen that was thrust into my fingers. For a split second I considered scribbling "Madonna" or "Britney Spears" but then thought better of it. These girls were probably too young to even know who Madonna is. So, I neatly signed my name, wondering where these little notebooks would end up and what kinds of stories would be attached to this experience. I suppose there's a chance they actually mistook me for a real celebrity, but chances are they were just intrigued by a white chick walking into a popular state broadcaster (she must be something important). Either way, it made me laugh and was one of the great head-scratcher moments that have made this experience so much fun.

No comments: